A reader sent me these pictures of a manufacturing dashboard to post. Take a look. The first shot shows an executive dashboard mounted on the wall of a conference room. I’m pretty sure that dashboard is fake (photoshopped) unless it’s a poster on the wall.
Here’s a close up of the data. It’s hard to see, but the table displays important statistics about a particular product type at one location:
- How many are presently in process?
- On average, how long does it take to move a unit through the floor?
- What’s the first pass yield?
- Are shipments on plan?
- When’s the last time anyone tested a product?
- When’s the last time we communicated with the floor?
Totals are provided in the far right column and bottom row. As manufacturing events, tests, and measurements occur on the different floors around the world, resulting statistics are immediately updated on the board.