Dashboard Spy readers will recall that last year’s winners included an International Bank Dashboard, an Outpatient Surgery Center Dashboard, and a Pharmaceutical Sales Dashboard. See Best Excel Dashboards of 2008.
In addition to bragging rights to having the best Excel Dashboard of the year, the best dashboard will receive a $100 Amazon gift certificate, the second place finisher a copy of Stephen Few’s new dashboard book: Now You See It: Simple Visualization Techniques for Quantitative Analysis , and the third place contest winner a copy of Edward Tufte’s The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, 2nd edition.
Here’s what you’ll be judged on:
The dashboards are judged on the clarity and effectiveness of their design, particularly
- Clean and clear organization
- Effective table and chart design
- A single-screen display, properly designed for the web, screen or print outs
We’ll also consider technical aspects of the dashboard, did it use effective techniques for
- The Dashboard layout
- Data management, data logic and calculation : YTD figures, variances, etc
- Dashboard delivery: Sharing the dashboard via PDF, the web or as an Excel Workbook
Further details at the BonaVista Excel contest page.