Dashboard Topic: Information Technology Project and Portfolio Management Dashboard Metrics.
This excellent list of the types of PPM metrics appears on CIO Dashboards:
I found one of the comments helpful:
Here is the list of PPM metrics I share with folks. They are a combination of PMI PPM metrics and others I have picked up over the years. I use them as examples and urge Enterprises to choose the ones they understand and are able to map directly to the investment decisions they need to make.
- Increase of revenue attributable to the Portfolio
- Development of new markets and expansion of customer base as a result of the portfolio
- Cost reductions attributable to the portfolio
- Change in net present value (NPV) of the portfolio
- Return on investment from the portfolio
- Internal rate of return (IRR) of the portfolio
- Degree to which the portfolio and business risks have been reduced by undertaking the portfolio components
- Availability of resources needed to support the portfolio components, both as planned and in execution.
- % of investment decisions influenced by PPM Committee
- % of projects aligned with organizational goals
- % of projects reviewed during execution by Executive Management
- % of healthy Projects
- % of projects delivered ahead of schedule
- % of actual value versus expected value
- % of projects that meet or exceed expected value
- Executive satisfaction with PPM – survey based